1. VRWC or RWV Club uniform must be worn in club races.
2. First claim Club uniform with AV Registration Numbers must be worn in Athletics Victoria events.
3. Competitors must wear numbers on the front and back of their uniform top. New [issued to new financial members] and replacement or temporary club numbers are available on race days from the Race Secretary.
4. Mp3 players and ear phones are not to be used during VRWC races unless by prior arrangement. This is a health and safety issue.
5. Racewalking Victoria (RWV) uniform must be worn when competing in Australian Federation of Race Walking Clubs events. All VRWC financial members are eligible to enter Federation events. RWV Teams are selected from the entries.
6. Check in for all races is in the VRWC Clubrooms and Race Headquarters, Middle Park Bowling Club Complex .
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION (Due 1st October)
|Family Membership: Two adults and any number of children||$90|
|Family Membership: One adult and any number ofchildren||$75|
|Family Membership: Any number of children||$45|
|VRWC Club Races:||Financial mbrs: $5||Non financial: $8||Families: $12|
|VRWC Championships:||Financial mbrs: $7||Non financial: $10||Families: $15|
A family race entry rate is available to any family of 3 or more
financial members. Non-members may pay the reduced financial member
rate for the first race they attend but are required to pay the higher
non financial rate for subsequent races.
1. Handicaps for the year will be based on times from the current
and previous year.
2. For all POINT races: prizes, trophies, medals and points will only be awarded to financial members.
3. A closing time is enforced for Saturday afternoon race registrations
- All walkers intending to compete in the 2:15PM races must register by 1:45PM
- All walkers intending to compete in the 2:30PM races must register by 1:45PM
1. Some races during the winter season are called Point Races.
2. Handicap points and Actual Time points and Style Award points are allocated in these races.
3. Each athlete who is financial and has previously walked the distance in the current season or the previous season, will be given a handicap time
4. Non-members or unfinancial members will be permitted to start in these races, but will not receive points.
5. Age groups for all VRWC races will be taken from the start of the club financial year, namely 1st October.
While Athletics Victoria and Athletics Australia championships and trials may be held at Albert Park, VRWC do not handle entry for these events.
In each case, there should be a specific online entry webpage available
on either the AV or AA website. In some cases, entries may close up to 2 weeks before the event.
As in all such cases, the entry details may differ from
the above guidelines and the onus in on the individual competitor to
ensure that all is in place by the due date.
The Athletics Victoria and Athletics Australia offices are located at Lakeside Stadium, Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, 3206.